The Advantages of One-On-One Learning
Did you ever take a class in high school, college or university and felt frustrated and anxious because you did not feel like you could keep up with the material? Have you ever been to a group fitness class and felt completely lost and embarrassed to ask questions? You are not alone.
At On The Edge Fitness, we firmly believe that by customizing our teaching to your unique learning style and interest we help to promote your academic and professional growth. We are committed to creating a positive and nurturing environment that motivates you to explore and develop your passion for fitness and develop your personal training career.
If you’ve ever had a tutor before you understand how quickly you can learn material with your teachers’ undivided attention. One-on-one learning shifts away from the teacher-centered dynamics, which promotes a safer and more relaxed learning environment. A more equal relationship with the teacher makes the learning experience more fun and productive.
Here are some other advantages of one-on-one learning:
- · Customized classes based on the student’s learning pace.
- · Delivery of immediate corrective feedback.
- · Opportunity to use the instructor as a resource (e.g. ask question and practise of skills).
- More flexibility in time and structure which allows the student the opportunity to address any challenges without delay.
- Students have the constant attention of the teacher so they can listen to and speak more than they might in a group situation.
- Students can contribute to classes more and feel part of the learning process.
- Their strengths and weaknesses are addressed more consistently and fully without the competition of other students for the teacher’s time.
- They can become better learners through learner training with their teacher.
- There are less time constraints so they can go at their own pace and not feel pressured by the progress of other students.
Found In : Blog, Personal Training Tips